Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 1 year
Digital Extremes is seeking a very passionate, motivated and dedicated Kitchen Assistant to join our Executive Kitchen team!
You MUST have a passion for people and for food. Also you MUST have a desire to engage with over 200 people on a daily basis and do it with passion and a high level of engagement. In your cover letter please indicate what you have done to display passion, dedication and engagement in your role! Applications MUST be accompanied by a cover letter.
- Follow detailed instructions from the (EC) and Cook 1 outlining daily production goals, and maintaining the highest standards of professional food service
- Dishwashing, stocking and rotation of product and other light cooking duties as required
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the Kitchen and dining areas (including but not limited to); sanitizing work and dining surfaces, ensuring dining room, kitchen and bar area is free and clear of garbage, dishes and completing maintenance checklists in a timely fashion
- Daily organization of stock, ensuring proper rotation
- Checking deliveries, ensuring quality and quantity are correct
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Assist with fellow staff member and office personnel requests
- Inform the EC and Cook 1 of any foreseen complications, dangers or workplace safety issues
- Maintain proper food temperatures with a strong focus on safe food handling
- Be aware and record if needed all temperatures in fridge and freezer areas
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems
Nature of Work
- In this role an employee will encounter extended periods of standing, repetitive motion and lifting objects in excess of 50lbs
- This role also requires that you will be utilizing sharp objects and handling and working with extremely hot surfaces
- This role also requires that you be using cleaning agents and soaps that will require specialized care in handling and storing