Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
- Game\Level Design
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- See job description
A Gameplay Designer is responsible for the core user experience of a product. This includes user interface, main character locomotion and combat, enemy locomotion and AI, mini-games, and all co-op related gameplay. You will need exceptional communication skills in written, visual and verbal forms. The ability to take constructive criticism while selling your ideas is critical. Giving direction will be as important as taking it, and you must be able to drive implementation of your ideas. We need a team player who values the best ideas, regardless of where they come from, and can create a clear picture of how they fit in the larger vision of the game.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
• Work to help deliver the creative vision for the game
• Fully understand the product goals and creative vision for the game
• Own individual areas of the game design to document and communicate them
• Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation
• Be an expert on gaming trends and have your finger on the pulse of the audience
• Transition to a hands-on testing and tuning role late in the project to deliver the best possible game
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 4+ years game industry experience of which 2+ has been in a Designer-level capacity
• Shipped a minimum of 1 title in a gameplay designer capacity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent team work skills
• Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas
• Excellent knowledge of the video game industry
• Be a driven individual who has a proven track record of delivering projects on time
• Background in art, design, or engineering is a plus
SAMPLE WORK A BONUS: Exhibiting your design and communication skills with examples of written or visual design documentation will help us assess candidates.
What we’re looking for:
• Very comfortable working in Maya to block out levels to playable quality
• A portfolio that’s idiosyncratic enough to show us who you are and what you care about
• Familiarity with Lua or other scripting languages would be helpful
• The more titles you’ve shipped, the better
• 3+ years of experience in design or related roles would be great